It’s always worth the effort to make a good breakfast. Why not start your day off with something delicious to look forward to? Here’s one option that takes 5 minutes to cool, and it’s simple. Heck, you can even multitask and get some dishes done or get some coffee going at the same time. Like most recipes on this site, you can customize to your heart’s content. Here’s what I did this morning:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup cooked kale (I always sautee a big batch of kale and keep it in the fridge for recipes)
- 1 cup egg whites
- Garnish/toppings (Jalapeno, creamed mustard, horseradish for me)
How to do it
- Coat a small pan with cooking spray and heat on medium.
- Cook the kale if you don’t have it precooked, otherwise just add the kale to heat it up a bit.
- Add the egg white and stir while it starts to cook. Now is a good time to add any seasoning.
- Cover the pan and cook about 3 minutes.
- Slide onto a plate, carefully place the pan upside down on it and flip (or you can execute the air-toss-flip)
- Cook 1-2 minutes
Once it’s on the plate, I like to cut it into quarters and flip over two of the quarters for presentation. I garnish with mustard, jalapeno wedges and creamed horseradish.
Macronutrients (without the creamed horseradish)
- Cals: 186
- Protein: 29
- Carbs: 13
- Fat: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Fiber: 1
What do you think? It’s pretty simple right? Do you have any go to recipes for the morning, I’d love to hear them!