Ankhjii got the opportunity over the weekend to throw down a massive leg day with John Meadows. I know this was a dream workout for her and it was amazing to watch!
First up, if you haven’t checked out Bullfrog Nutrition, you really should! It’s a killer supplement shop in the Toledo area that is stocking a lot of harder to find stuff. I highly recommend them. Plus, they are bringing people and events to Toledo – more support from the athletes in town will ensure we keep this momentum going!
Next, this workout took place at IronWorks gym, another place I recommend. You get an eyeful in this video and you’ll see it’s a great workout spot! Why not hop in and snag yourself a day pass to see what he offer?
Now for a video. This is just one of the videos we captured. If you follow it through to Ankhjii’s YouTube, we have a total of 5 videos we recorded. These aren’t edited, so it’s just a full workout. We call it the “Shit my Gallon Gear Sees” (SGGS) view – since it’s an action cam mounted to a Gallon Gear sleeve.
Ankhjii really got put through the ringer on some Bulgarian Squats.
- 8 reps with a 50 lb. dumbbell followed by an 8 count iso-hold
- 8 reps with a 35 lb. dumbbell followed by an 8 count iso-hold
- 8 reps with a 25 lb. dumbbell followed by an 8 count iso-hold
- 8 reps body weight followed by an 8 count iso hold
- Curl into a ball and cry, repeat for the other leg